IT’S FINALLY HERE!
Recital week is the culmination of months of lessons and practices, as well as an exciting opportunity for our dancers. Here are 6 survival tips to get through the week:
- Don’t be late. Arrive in full hair, makeup, and costume ready to dance approximately 15-20 minutes prior to show time.
- Don’t be TOO early. More than a 20 minute wait results in a restless child before the event even begins.
- Designate ONE parent to pickup your dancer. To avoid large crowds at the stage door, allow your dancer to greet family and fans away from the exit doors.
- Strand doors open 30 minutes prior to show time. Please do not encourage family members to arrive hours early to save seats. Doors will not open earlier than 30 minutes prior and saving seats is prohibited by Strand staff. **16-17 RCDF Members may enter through the box office door 1 hour prior to show.
- Label everything. There will be hundreds of identical ballet shoes, tap shoes, gloves, etc backstage, so having your child’s name on items will help us return them to you. DO NOT send any “extras” backstage such as lipstick, hairbrushes, snacks, etc.
- Get to know your stage mom. This will help during dismissal time and exchange phone numbers in case of emergency. Stage moms provide a tremendous service to the show, so be sure to thank them and ask if they need any help!